Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Coachsmella....

So, I'm back from muthafunking Coachsmella. Great bands like always but still I think that the lineup for 2006 was somewhat lackluster. I mean WOW Madonna!!! 40,000 people watching her in some small sweaty tent aint my thang. I mean isn't she like 50 and making disco now. What the fuck. She killed Disco!!! But the Nazis at Goldenvoice did have Daft Punk. Daft Punk killed it harder than Danny Devito in "Throw Mama From a Train". Speaking of DD, he was there introducing Eagles of Death Metal. Other highlights were Massive Attack, TV on the Radio, and Jamie Lidell.

Below are some pictures from the Anthem party.






2006 was all about the Babies. I guess you can bring your kids in for free but who the hell would want to. It's like this chode is trying to tell the other chodes that he's a cool Dad!!!! A cool dad isn't about taking your kids to a concert when he's fucking zero. Fucking parents.... letting their kids bake in the blistering sun and listening to Tool so they can rupture their little ear drums. Whatever.... I guess it just fucks with my buzz.



Good times though.

Anyways, while i'm at it. This is the first real post for this blog. And it aint really about posting shit about my weekend. It's about music and my opinion of it. I guess it's also a crappy way for me to express my semi-literate ass.

This week I will be reviewing three albums that came out recently.

Spank Rock - YoyoYoYoyoYo.... - The newest offering from the Ninja Tune subsidiary, the Big Dada label, brings together all that is sweet about partying. MC Spank Rock, a.k.a Naeem Juman, and one time DFA apprentice, Alex "Armani XXXchange" Epton, create a combination as perfect as Rum and Coke. Some of these 12" have come out in recent months, with remixes from the likes of Diplo, Kalbata, President Evil and XXXchange himself. This album is like eating a middle american smorgasbord of food...'cept the food is musical genres. Booty Bass, B-more, Funk, and Electro all here. Plus, the last track is more screwed up then Paris Hilton, American Idol, and the Olsen Twins combined. 9.0

Wizardzz - Hidden City of Taurmond - This shit sounds like Brian Eno on speed playing Nintendo. Still somewhat brillant like putting your finger in a light socket and liking it. I guess this is a side project of one of the guys in Lightning Bolt. I was never really into Lightning Bolt cause I stopped doing Ritalin when I was 16 but......... this shit is unique. Nothing like Lightning Bolt but does have avant-garde written all over it. Good music to put on if your driving cross-country on the surface of Mars or just California. 7.4


Witch - Witch - Hailing from Tee Pee records this offering to the gods of Stoner Rock comes off a bit soft. Witch definitely has moments but Dinosaur Jr's, J Mascis, gets a sloppy wet on the drums. I will say that half of the album is brillant though and the tracks Black Saint, Changing, Rip Van Winkle(stupid name), and Isadora do show that this band is capable of getting stoner with it. Good album if your smoking copious amounts, sorta like my crue did at Coachella. 6.7


Well, Next week I'll be reviewing three old albums. Stay tuned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home